Thursday 23 December 2010

Ahhh that's better.

'twas the night before (the night before) Christmas, and all around the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse....
Erm, yes well. Not in this house! Oh my life, I have two mad, slightly deranged, lunatic children running around. I posted on my Facebook status this morning that they were being quiet and still. Well that lasted all of about 30 seconds *breathe* it's all good though, everyone is happy and my Christmas Mojo has returned YAY!! The Bloke went to pick up the turkey and ham from our lovely butcher this morning. Jeeez, the turkey is like the size of a small dinosaur. Feathers? I reckon it had scales.... and teeth! I hope everyone is hungry on the Big Day, otherwise we'll be eating it for days. I shall bore you now with our menu, which looks something like this:

Breakfast

Bucks Fizz
Smoked Salmon & Scrambled eggs


Lunch
Turkey
Roast potatoes & Parsnips
New Potatoes
Carrot & Swede Mash
Cabbage
Sprouts with Pancetta & Chestnuts
Kilted Sausages
Pork & Chestnut Stuffing
Bread Sauce
Gravy
Cranberry Sauce

Pud
Christmas Pudding
or
Trifle (made by my lovely Mum)

No doubt there will be other things munched/eaten/imbibed/inhaled etc etc during the day but I think I would be here all day listing it all. I am quite happy, a bottle of Jim Beam seemed to wangle it's way into my trolley in Tesco yesterday, (who DID that? I think those Elves are clever little suckers, I didn't even see them, how good are they?) so, that should get me through the festivities. So, peace reigns. Well, it will have to be inner peace, because I don't think this house has seen peace of any other kind for quite a while. But that's ok with me, because we are all healthy and happy, warm, safe and sound and that makes me smile inside and a feeling that I want to remain.

It breaks my heart when I think of people that are alone at Christmas, that are unable to get to loved ones because of this weather, or other circumstances. Or those that are in hospital, or visiting those that are. people who are spending their first Christmases without loved ones. I will be saying a prayer for them all, and giving my thanks for our Christmas that could have been so very very different.




No comments:

Post a Comment